Making your own body care products
Recipe: Natural deodorant
Making your own deodorant is an effective, cheap, non-toxic and much less wasteful as there is no need to throw out a plastic container every couple of months. Try this great alternative!
85gm Cocoa butter
60 drops of your favorite essential oils
15gm bicarbonate soda
1 tbsp dried herbs (optional)
- Melt the beeswax and cocoa butter together over a gentle heat.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and dried herbs and mix thoroughly with an electric hand mixer.
- Once the mixture has cooled a little, add the essential oils.
- Pour the mixture into a mould such as a plastic cup. The herbs will float to the top and make it look great.
- Once your deodorant block has set, remove it from the container.
- Apply (Use the side which does not have the herbs)
Consider the following oil combinations:
30 drops bergamot
10 drops cypress
20 drops geranium
15 drops pine
25 drops lime
10 drops cedarwood
25 drops lavender
20 drops rosewood
15 drops ylang ylang