Making your own body care products
Recipe: Natural deodorant
Making your own deodorant is an effective, cheap, non-toxic and much less wasteful as there is no need to throw out a plastic container every couple of months. Try this great alternative!
85gm Cocoa butter
60 drops of your favorite essential oils
15gm bicarbonate soda
1 tbsp dried herbs (optional)
- Melt the beeswax and cocoa butter together over a gentle heat.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and dried herbs and mix thoroughly with an electric hand mixer.
- Once the mixture has cooled a little, add the essential oils.
- Pour the mixture into a mould such as a plastic cup. The herbs will float to the top and make it look great.
- Once your deodorant block has set, remove it from the container.
- Apply (Use the side which does not have the herbs)
Consider the following oil combinations:
30 drops bergamot
10 drops cypress
20 drops geranium
15 drops pine
25 drops lime
10 drops cedarwood
25 drops lavender
20 drops rosewood
15 drops ylang ylang
Trained at South Pacific College of Natural Therapies in 2000, Vanessa brings over 15 years natural health care experience to our store. She was appointed manager in 2012 and is the co-founder of Advanced Naturopathics, a Christchurch naturopathic clinic.
A former teacher, Vanessa is a registered Naturopath, Medical herbalist and a Bioresonance practitioner.
Latest posts by Vanessa Winter (see all)
- Nutrigenomics – an exciting new field of personalised healthcare. - 19 June 2018
- Genetic Testing for Optimal Health and Aging - 23 August 2016
- Beeswax Food Wrap – Make Your Own - 5 April 2016