Making your own body care products
Recipe: Lovely Lime Lip Balm
Making your own lip balm is an effective, cheap, non-toxic and much less wasteful as there is no need to throw out a plastic container every couple of months. Try this great alternative!
10gm (2 tsp) beeswax
5gm (1 tsp) cocoa butter
80ml (4 Tbl) sweet almond oil
5ml (1 tsp) vegetable glycerine
20 drops lime essential oil
- In a separate bowl (larger than the pot), add the beeswax and cocoa butter
- Place the bowl over the pot of boiling water until the beeswax and cocoa butter melts
- Keeping the mixture over the heat, add the almond oil and glycerine
- Remove from the heat once it is all liquid
- Using an electric hand mixer, whip the mixture to ensure the ingredients are well mixed together
- Once the mixture begins to cool, stir in the essential oil.
- Pour into small jars
All ingredients available in-store.