Making your own body care products
Recipe: Juniper hair and scalp tonic
Making your own hair tonic is an effective, cheap, non-toxic and much less wasteful as there is no need to throw out a plastic container every couple of months. Try this great alternative!
Blend the following essential oils with 45 ml (3 tablespoons) olive oil or sweet almond oil
10 drops juniper
8 drops rosemary
7 drops cedarwood
- Massage into the scalp and hair before washing
- Wrap hair in a warm, clean towel and leave for at least 2 hours
- Wash with a natural shampoo, taking care to remove all the oil before rinsing
Massage helps to stimulate circulation to the scalp, promoting scalp health, while the tonic moisturizes the hair and scalp.
All ingredients available in-store.
Trained at South Pacific College of Natural Therapies in 2000, Vanessa brings over 15 years natural health care experience to our store. She was appointed manager in 2012 and is the co-founder of Advanced Naturopathics, a Christchurch naturopathic clinic.
A former teacher, Vanessa is a registered Naturopath, Medical herbalist and a Bioresonance practitioner.
Latest posts by Vanessa Winter (see all)
- Nutrigenomics – an exciting new field of personalised healthcare. - 19 June 2018
- Genetic Testing for Optimal Health and Aging - 23 August 2016
- Beeswax Food Wrap – Make Your Own - 5 April 2016