Making your own body care products
Recipe: Sensual Hand and Body Cream
Making your own hand and body cream is an effective, cheap, non-toxic and much less wasteful as there is no need to throw out a plastic container every couple of months. Try this great alternative!
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/8 cup shea butter
1/8 cup cocoa butter
1 Tbsp aloe vera juice
1 Tbsp liquid oil of choice (i.e. sweet almond, jojoba)
10 drops Sensual Oil Blend (Orange, Patchouli, Ylang Ylang, Neroli)
- Place two cups of water into a pot and bring to the boil
- In a separate bowl (larger than the pot), add the shea butter, cocoa butter and coconut oil
- Place the bowl over the pot of boiling water until melted
- Remove from heat.
- Add the aloe vera juice, liquid oil, and essential oils and stir to combine well.
- Store in container of your choice.
All ingredients available in-store.
This lotion is solid at room temperature, but warms up quickly in your hands …. even in a Christchurch winter.
Trained at South Pacific College of Natural Therapies in 2000, Vanessa brings over 15 years natural health care experience to our store. She was appointed manager in 2012 and is the co-founder of Advanced Naturopathics, a Christchurch naturopathic clinic.
A former teacher, Vanessa is a registered Naturopath, Medical herbalist and a Bioresonance practitioner.