Making your own body care products
Recipe: Sensual Hand and Body Cream
Making your own hand and body cream is an effective, cheap, non-toxic and much less wasteful as there is no need to throw out a plastic container every couple of months. Try this great alternative!
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/8 cup shea butter
1/8 cup cocoa butter
1 Tbsp aloe vera juice
1 Tbsp liquid oil of choice (i.e. sweet almond, jojoba)
10 drops Sensual Oil Blend (Orange, Patchouli, Ylang Ylang, Neroli)
- Place two cups of water into a pot and bring to the boil
- In a separate bowl (larger than the pot), add the shea butter, cocoa butter and coconut oil
- Place the bowl over the pot of boiling water until melted
- Remove from heat.
- Add the aloe vera juice, liquid oil, and essential oils and stir to combine well.
- Store in container of your choice.
All ingredients available in-store.
This lotion is solid at room temperature, but warms up quickly in your hands …. even in a Christchurch winter.