Love that Liver
How about looking after your liver over the festive season….
The liver is a busy organ without adding alcohol and extra food. It is a complex organ that works 24 hours a day. It processes virtually everything you eat, drink, breathe in or rub on your skin and that’s just some of its over 500 different functions vital to life.
Here’s a look at some of the tasks it does:
- Cleanses blood: metabolises alcohol and other drugs, chemicals and toxins.
- Stores vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, D, E, K, and B12, and the minerals iron and copper in order to provide a constant supply of these essential substances to the tissues of the body.
- Regulates the supply of body fuel:
- Producing, storing and supplying quick energy (glucose) to keep the mind alert and the body active
- Producing, storing and exporting fat.
- Regulates the balance of many hormones: sex hormones, thyroid hormones, cortisone and other adrenal hormones.
- Produces cholesterol, excretes and converts it to other essential substances.
These are some great products available to support the liver:
The Herbal Dispensary Liver Pep Tincture
MediHerb Livton Complex
Artemis Liver Detox Tea
Solgar Milk Thistle Dandelion Complex
Sue brings a wealth of knowledge to our store, having worked extensively in holistic and natural health care for over 8 years.
Graduating from the Canterbury College of Herbal Medicine in 2006, she has been sharing her wisdom and skills to our customers since 2007.